Characteristics of an effective Project Manager
If you think just because you want to become a project manager you can succeed as one, think again!! Not everyone is born with the right stuff to be an effective project manager. Project management is a technique which is guided by constant change. Hence, it requires constant adaptability to change and understanding the new developments.
Efficient project managers are in great demand. But, it requires a few traits and attributes to succeed in this field. Do you want to know what it takes to enhance your career as a project manager and what exactly are companies looking for?
Some of the essential characteristics of an effective project manager are:
- Effective Learners: Project managersmust be effective learners. They must be able to adapt to the needs to the dynamic business environment and constantly upgrade their skills and knowledge. They can’t stop learning at any point of time in their career.
- Good Communicators: Project managers are required to be good and clear communicators. It’s about communicating goals, responsibilities, performance, expectations and feedback.
- Analytical: An effective project manager is required to be capable of analyzing and identifying the areas which require improvisation. Systems thinking can be one of the best ways of managing projects.
- Focused: a project manager must be focused on the goals and objectives of the project. He must also be capable of focusing his team towards these goals.
- Leadership Competence: Leadership competence is one of the most important qualities of a project manager. Many a times, project managers aren’t selected just on the basis of a candidate’s leadership qualities and not on the basis of his or her technical expertise.
- Empathetic: It is not about being sympathetic but about being empathetic. It is just about getting out of your own perspective and understanding others. They are able to stimulate the viewpoint and perspective of others.
- Problem Solving skills and Decision makers: A project manager is a value planner. He must have the quality to work under pressure and take quick and effective decisions.
- Customer Focused: A project manager must completely understand the customer market of the product. He must get into the psyche of the customer and understand their needs completely.
These are some of the important traits required in a Project manager and to inculcate these qualities in the young talent like you, we at EduKart.com have come up with few Certificate courses in Project Management.
For more details visit: EduKart.com Certificate course in Project Management